In this role, you will work with our clients to analyze, explore and apply Machine Learning algorithms, so that it can fit within our Analytics solutions. Working in the big data paradigm within the data science team, you will drive the integration of customers within our internal solutions; you will analyze and preprocess data to then apply Artificial Intelligence models.
From data extraction, wrangling, and pre-processing, you will scrutinize the data thoroughly and ensure the proper automation and industrialization of this process. Update our product team with feedback from the client usage of our Analytics solutions.
We do propose several exciting career paths, from growing within the data science department and working in conjunction with our business advisors team. Our customers are international FMCG companies - if you are looking for an international exposure, this may be the right match for you!
Are we a phenomenal fit? We are looking for someone who…..
- Is Optimistic – whether it’s sorting out a knotty problem or calming a stressed-out collaborator, can you look on the forward-thinking side?
- Is Original – we love to hear ideas on how we can be doing things differently so that we can all be more engaged and successful with our clients.
- Makes and takes Opportunities – are you the kind of person who will step up and volunteer to take something on, even if it’s outside of your comfort zone?
- Takes Ownership – for the team! You use your strengths to help us grow together.
- Has an Open Mind – we favor constructive feedback given in a kind way and appreciate the same in return.
Our Data Scientist will:
· Manage different set of data and make them fit for our analytics solutions;
· analyze client data in order to determine how to clean and pre-process the data, apply the most suitable AI solutions and then tune the AI models parameters accordingly;
· apply Machine Learning algorithms to the specific project Client data;
· maintain analytics databases and dashboards with the help of the Data Engineer team and answer any questions clients might have regarding the platform;
· support the team during the entire project life cycle;
· participate actively to customer’s meeting to review the project status accordingly with senior members of the team.
A great candidate will have:
· Bachelor´s / Master´s in Engineering / STEM;
· proficient in Italian and English;
· 1+ years of relevant work experience in Data Management, Data Science, Analytics or BI;
· passion for Data Science (Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Operations Research);
· good knowledge of Machine Learning methods;
· good communication and collaboration skills;
· strong analytical skills with a critical thinking attitude;
· basic understanding of coding techniques, experience with Python and SQL;
· CPG / FMCG industry knowledge is an advantage;
· eligible to work in Italy without sponsorship.
What you will get?
- challenging position in a fast-growing Revenue Growth and Trade Promotion Management software company
- being part of a young and international team with strong ownership and a can-do mentality
- opportunity to actively contribute to the further growth of the organization
- an international multidisciplinary setting and close cooperation with the business
- flexible working with possibility of hybrid work (the company HQ is based in Bologna)
- We as a team have a passion for learning and growing to be the best version of ourselves.
Do you have strengths you can share? If so, we’d love to hear from you. We appreciate that everyone has different backgrounds and experience, so if you don’t meet all the criteria above, please don’t be deterred from applying. We could be just what you are looking for!
Please note that this job description provides a general overview of the responsibilities and qualifications required. It is not an exhaustive list, but we believe it captures the essence of this exciting role.